Dancer Code of Conduct
PARENT/GUARDIAN CODE OF CONDUCT
- Parents/Guardians agree to abide and respect all Policies and Procedures set forth by MDE as outlined in the Registration Policies, Payment Policies, and Studio Policies.
- Parents/Guardians recognize that MDE classes operate in the safest manner by trained Dance Teachers and Assistants. Parents/Guardians agree that their child/children are in good physical condition to participate in dance classes and will disclose all pertinent medical information, allergies and/or injuries in a timely manner.
- Parents/Guardians understand that children exhibiting inappropriate behavior will be removed from the dance class. Parent/Guardians agree to partner with MDE Staff to resolve behavioral issues immediately so their child/children may return to class promptly.
- Parents/Guardians will inform MDE staff of any extended vacations or absences which will affect their child/children. If a dancers misses a class for any reason, they are encouraged to schedule private sessions; at additional cost.
- Parents/Guardians are expected to respect all MDE Staff and families. Parents/Guardians will not interact with anyone at MDE in a manner that is intended to provoke hostility. All concerns should be voiced to MDE Office staff and they will respond appropriately within 5 business days.
- Families with multiple class registrations may be expected to attend more than one Year-End Recital. MDE will attempt to resolve issues, but makes no guarantees’ when it comes to the year end recital.
- Flash photography and videotaping are not permitted during the year, Year End Recital or at Competitions. The only opportunity for photography and videotaping is during the In-Class Holiday Shows.
- Parents/Guardians must supervise their children while waiting at the studio to ensure that they do not disrupt classes, injure themselves or other dancers, or cause additional mess and havoc. Parents/Guardians accept full responsibility for damages created by unsupervised children.
- Parents/Guardians understand that it is their responsibility to locate lost items in the Lost & Found. Unclaimed items will be donated to charity, with notice, 4 times a year.
- Parents agree to stay up to date on studio happenings/performances and competitions. MDE makes every effort to see that you receive all the information to have a successful dance year. MDE puts out a monthly newsletter as well as many notices throughout the year. Newsletters and notices are available in paper form @ the studio, on our website, and will be emailed to those families indicating they would like to receive emails from MDE.
- Parents agree to pick up their dancer(s) in a timely fashion. Students who are left unattended after their class(es) are not the responsibility of MDE. If you will be late arriving to the studio please be sure to call the studio in inform the office.