Gift Ideas For Dancers
Have you started your holiday shopping yet? Whether you plan months in advance or are a last minute shopper, it’s never too late to get the perfect gift for your child. At Mellado Dance Elite, we know it’s hard to keep coming up with new ideas year after year so we thought we’d change things up a bit for you. You can consider this the ultimate gift guide for your dancer. No matter the age of your child, we are sure you will find something perfect for them here.
Dancewear, Shoes, and Team Gear:
- Shopping for all your dancewear and dance shoes has never been easier! We have it all organized by age group for you and everything listed fits within our dress code. Visit our website to get your child’s dancewear updated for the new year.
- Surprise your dancer with some MDE team gear! Not only is it comfortable, it’s also stylish and affordable. Your child will love wearing their new gear to dance class, school, or to one of our performances.
- “Brontorina” by James Howe is great for the youngest dancers in your family (ages 2-8). This story tells a tale of a very determined dinosaur. It’s a great way to show young dancers that we don’t all fit in one box!
- “Firebird” by Misty Copeland and Christopher Myers is great for dancers 5 and up. This is an inspiring tale of overcoming obstacles and achieving your dreams. The pictures are just as captivating as the story. Check out the Misty Copeland Barbie Doll to go along with it!
- “Life in Motion” by Misty Copeland for dancers 8-12 yrs. Misty Copeland shares her story of starting dance at age 12 and becoming the first African-American principal dancer with the American Ballet Theatre. An inspiring story for anyone!
Accessories and Clothes:
- Check out this Ballerina Necklace from Charm Philosophy. What a great way to show your love for dance! We think this necklace is super cute and we love the ability to personalize it.
- Dance Apparel from the Dancewear Centre has so many cute options available! We love this 5,6,7,8 top but they have plenty of great stuff to choose from. Looks like things are selling out quickly though so I would order quickly!
- This Dance Backpack from Pottery Barn Kids is adorable. It can make for a great dance bag or a backpack to take to school. They have a couple different sizes to choose from with a monogram option.
- A Resistance Band is a great tool that can be used to stretch and strengthen. Your dancer will get a ton of use out of this band throughout their years at MDE. It also folds up nicely to store in their dance bag for warming up before class.
- The Flex Massage Stick by Merrithew will be a treat to sore muscles after a long day of dance. Throw in a foam roller too and you are all set!
- We love these new water bottles. For some reason, dancers are known to get VERY excited over a new water bottle! They will adore any of these.
- Stretch Max by Superior Stretch is awesome! It really allows you to focus on alignment while increasing flexibility. A great, safe way to stretch and strengthen!
Did you find something new to give your dancer this year? We sure hope you did. If you have any great ideas to share, please comment below. We are always looking for more gift ideas for our dancers. At MDE, we want to wish you the best of luck with your holiday shopping and we can’t wait to celebrate the holidays with you soon!