The Mellado Dance Elite Difference
When it comes to choosing a dance studio, we know there are MANY options. Every dance studio has their own set of values, offerings, and culture. Today we wanted to share some of the characteristics that make Mellado Dance Elite unique and help you to determine if Mellado Dance Elite is the right fit for YOUR family!
We have been proudly serving the families in Port Coquitlam and the surrounding areas for 18 years under the direction of Carla Mellado-Robertson. While much has changed in the last 18 years, our mission has stayed the same. We are dedicated to developing each dancer that walks through our door physically, mentally, and emotionally by providing a warm, family-friendly atmosphere in our studio. What does this mean for the families at our dance studio?
- When you walk into our studio, you will be welcomed by an approachable, friendly staff member. Our office is open Monday-Saturday for at least 5 hours each day. We work hard to be accessible and extremely helpful for our families! While your dancer is in class you can wait in our HUGE lobby. Sit in one our our comfortable couches, check your email using our wifi, or watch your student in class through our viewing windows! Siblings (and parents!) will enjoy taking advantage of our play area.
- When you enroll your child in a class you will have MANY options. We have over 120 classes running 7 days a week. We strongly believe that dance is for everyone. Our programing reflects that! Even our preschool dancers (ages 3-4) have options outside of JUST ballet. We also offer many boys only classes and have a TON of boys participating in hip hop and breakdancing. We offer several “paths” for dancers at Mellado Dance Elite. Whether they would like to take their dancing to the next level and join one of our teams or continue to dance just for fun… we have something for them!
- When your son or daughter heads into class they will be in the hands of a professional, experienced teacher. Many of our teachers have been at Mellado Dance Elite for over a decade! Because of our low turnover, students create lasting relationships with their teachers. We love witnessing the growth in our dancers year after year because of this trust! Outside of class, dancers can enjoy comfortable changing rooms, seating for homework, and a kitchen to prepare their dinners.
- Families will enjoy age-appropriate costumes and choreography at our professional year-end production. Your student will SHINE on stage at our year-end performance. Imagine the pride they will feel dancing alongside their classmates! Students are also given the opportunity to perform several times throughout the year at local parades and community events. We love to share dance with Port Coquitlam and encourage all of our studio families to join us!
- When you enroll in a class at Mellado Dance Elite you will join our dance family! This is #1 for us. MANY of our dancers have danced with us for over 15 years. Life long friendships are made here. Whether you are a competitive or recreational dancer, whether you dance for 15 hours a week or 30 minutes a week; you are an important piece of our family. All students and classes at Mellado Dance Elite are treated with the same excitement and efforts.
We would love to have your family join OUR dance family at Mellado Dance Elite. We are extremely proud of the atmosphere we have created over the past 18 years. Year after year, we have the pleasure of watching our students grow both in and out of the studio. Our programs foster self confidence, commitment, self-esteem and friendships. Curious in seeing the Mellado Dance Elite difference first hand? We are currently accepting enrollment for summer camps and fall classes. Trial classes are a great way to get a feel of our classes and our programs. We can’t wait to get to know your family!